How should I maintain my floor?
- May 31, 2018
- Posted by: webdev
Now that you have a beautifully refinished wood floor, you will want to do everything that you can to keep it in great condition.
The first few days
After the work is completed, you will be able to walk on it after 3 hours, however, the floor lacquer will take 2 weeks to fully cure. As such:
- Be careful when moving your furniture back.
- Use felt protectors on the feet of your furniture.
- Wait at least 72 hours before placing your rugs or doormats back down.
- If possible, wait at least 72 hours before moving any heavy furniture back into the room.
- Do not use any water or cleaner on your floor for the first 2 weeks.
- Try to minimize the volume of foot traffic.
In order to keep your floor looking amazing for years to come, we recommend the following:
- Use doormats at the interior and exterior of the front and back doors to collect dirt and water.
- Put a sheet or cloth underneath any heavy furniture prior to moving it.
- Use a damp towel to wipe up any messes or spills. Try to clean spills immediately after they happen.
- Try to keep your pets nails trimmed as their long claws can create scratches in your beautiful, new floor.
- Use foot protectors on all furniture.
- Try not to walk on your wooden floor in high-heels as these can cause serious damage to your floor.
- If you have a wood floor in your kitchen, place a mat at the sink to protect against wear and tear as well as water damage.
- Use a humidifier in the winter to keep the boards from moving too much